Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sketch Book Assignment 6 - Jon Burgerman

I looked into Jon Burgerman a bit and to sum up his style I'd say it was extremely colourful and abstract in most cases, being huge mish-mashes of characters and odd faces.


Certain Pieces like these 2 here heavily remind me of Craig McCracken who created Power Puff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary friends.  The styles to me seem very similar and both contain a certain wacky factor.






Unfortunately I was unable to be inspired by Mr.Burgerman while he had pieces that caught my eye and reminded me of similar art it didn't bring out anything new from my mind or any ideas I felt like putting to paper.  BUT what it did do was remind me of one of the paintings I had done (also here in a blog post) so I went hunting for my original sketch (god it took me forever to find) which I...for lack of a better word "misplaced."  and now that I found it I've scanned it and posted it bellow and you can see why it sort of reminds me of Burgerman's art.  It doesn't contain the same colourful characters but it is the same basic idea, a mish-mash of awesome stuff.

(c) Myself and not to be used without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment